Working closely with our chemists and engineers during your training, you’ll use cutting-edge technical aids while developing high quality technical knowledge.
What you need
Successful completion of at least 10 years of education
- A strong interest in science
- Understanding of technology and physics
- Ability to work in a team
- Capacity to learn new skills quickly
- Excellent ability to concentrate
Vocational course content
- Physico-chemical examination and measurement procedures
- Preparative, anorganic and organic chemistry
- Documentation of work processes and results
- Quality assurance, work safety and environmental protection
- Use of modern IT and communication materials
The vocational training course lasts 3.5 years
Your career prospects
After you’ve completed your vocational training course, you have a wide variety of further training options:
- State-certified technician (chemistry/laboratory technology)
- Synthesis technician
- Laboratory technician (chemistry)
After your vocational training as a laboratory technician, you can choose to study for a BSc in chemistry alongside your work commitments.
Financing your vocational training course
You’ll be a paid employee during your vocational training. If you live more than 100 kilometers away from the training site and have to move closer, we’ll also pay you a rental allowance for a certain period.