Throughout your program, you’ll have high levels of responsibility in production and technology, using the very latest automated systems to optimize production sequences, and ensuring high quality, sustainable production. You’ll be involved day-to-day hands-on work, welding, tightening bolts, milling and looking after large pieces of machinery and equipment. At the same time, your academic training will teach you all there is to know about the materials you’ll use in the field.
You’ll leave with:
- A vocational qualification as an industrial mechanic
- A Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or process engineering
What you need
With the drive to be one of the first to deal with new challenges, along with plenty of commitment and initiative, you’ll be equally comfortable working on your own or as a member of a team. You’ll also need:
- University entrance qualification from a school or vocational college
- Excellent understanding of technology and physics
- Strong interest in science and math
- Capacity to learn new skills quickly
- Determination and perseverance
- Showing initiative
- Ability to work in a team
Your vocational training course will give you all the skills you need to gain an industrial mechanic qualification. At the same time, you’ll join a four-year program in mechanical engineering or process engineering at the Hochschule Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences in Krefeld.
Part 1: Vocational training course and study program (semesters 1-5)
- Vocational training: industrial mechanic
- Basic studies: Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or process engineering
- ICC final examination during Semester 5
Part 2: Study program (semesters 6-7)
- Main studies: mechanical engineering/process engineering as part of a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or a bachelor of process engineering
Part 3: Final project (semester 8)
- During semester 8, you’ll work on your final project and complete the final exams for your Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or process engineering.
Your career prospects
As an ideal launchpad for your career, our combined degree program in mechanical engineering or process engineering gives you the choice to go on to complete a master’s program or put your knowledge into practice by taking on a position of responsibility at production level.
Financing your vocational training course
You’ll be a paid employee during your vocational training and if you live more than 100 kilometers away from the training site and have to move closer, we’ll pay you a rental allowance for a certain period. We’ll also cover the tuition fees for your bachelor studies.
The application process is currently closed. Please feel free to prebook here!