You’ll leave with
- A vocational qualification as an industrial clerk
- A Bachelor of Arts degree
What you need
With the perseverance and commitment to achieve the goals you set yourself, you’ll be an articulate communicator, with a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work on your own initiative, or as part of a team. It may sound quite demanding, but it’s ideal preparation for the challenges you’ll face during your career. You’ll also need:
- University entrance qualification from a school or vocational college
- Strong interest in German, English and math
- Capacity to learn new skills quickly
- Determination and perseverance
- Excellent communication skills
- Showing initiative
- Ability to work in a team
Your practice-oriented program starts in Leverkusen at the beginning of September with vocational training in business management. At the same time, you’ll start a six-semester degree program in Business Administration at the private, officially recognized vocational university (FHDW) in Bergisch Gladbach.
You’ll study in small groups and blocks of lectures over several weeks, alongside your work. This will give you an extensive understanding of business and economics, as well as a range of soft skills. After two and half years, you’ll take a qualifying exam administered by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce and on successful completion, you’ll be awarded a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree.
On the program, you’ll also develop your English language skills through language seminars and take extensive training in Spanish. This will lead to the internationally recognized DELE exam (Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera). You don’t need to know any Spanish beforehand.
Your future prospects
This combined degree program is an ideal launchpad for your career. You may decide to expand your knowledge with more practical experience and new responsibilities at Covestro, or study for a Master’s degree alongside your work. Alternatively, you could study full-time for an MBA at one of our partner universities in the U.S., Asia or Europe. We’ll support you whatever choice you make.
The program qualifies you for positions of responsibility in our business and prepares you for a rewarding international career. For example:
- As a member of our sales team, you’ll gain essential, wide-ranging marketing and sales skills for a future management role.
- Working in product management allows you to showcase your skills in developing and implementing global product concepts.
- In finance and accounting, you can gain extensive skills that can be transferred into any number of future careers.
Financing your vocational training course
You’ll be a paid employee during your vocational training and if you live more than 100 kilometers away from the training site and have to move closer, we’ll pay you a rental allowance for a certain period. We’ll also cover the tuition fees for your bachelor studies.Unfortunately we do not train this occupational area in 2020.